After getting a unexpected feedback on
Increasing Firefox Speed
Today I am telling you
How To Make A New Profile In Firefox And Manage It.
You can have multiple Firefox profiles, each containing a separate set of user information.
Using multiple profiles and profile management are advanced features intended primarily for extension developers. Unless you are an advanced user or are troubleshooting a specific problem with Firefox, you should avoid using multiple profiles.
Okay here we go:
01. Close your Firefox.
02. Now Go To Start –> Run or use Win+R keys and type this:
For Vista/Windows 7
03. This will open Profile Manager for you. Now click on Create Profile… (I have untick Don’t ask at startup option, so that you can select which profile to load when you start Firefox)
Click Next and now Choose the Name of your profile(marked as 1). You can optionally choose where to save your profile data, just click on Choose Folder… and choose the location , which is useful if you plan on exporting your data and settings to another computer or setup in the future. And finally click on Finish.
04. You will be taken back to choose the profile you want to work with, as we have previously selected to show it everytime, so whenever you start Firefox, you will be shown below screen, so that you can choose your working profile:
Besides this, you have other options like:
- Rename Profile…, to rename a profile selected.
- Delete Profile…, to delete a selected profile.
- Work offline, to loads the selected profile and starts Firefox without connecting to the Internet. You can view previously viewed web pages and experiment with your profile.
Moving and backing up a profile: