The popular drink, green tea, has been used by the Chinese since ancient times. The drink has been widely used in Asia and other parts of the globe as a medicine for lowering blood pressure and to prevent cancer. It is immensely hyped by health experts and nutritionists. Research has proved that it is good for health. The reason that green tea has more health benefits attached to it than black tea is due to the processing. Black tea is processed in a way that allows for fermentation whereas green tea processing avoids the fermentation. As a result green tea retains maximum amount of antioxidants and poly-phenols, which are the main substances that give green tea its benefits. Sounds inviting but is green tea good for you? If you are still wondering whether green tea is good for you or not, then you may go through this article which will help you clear your doubt.
The Ingredients in Green Tea
Health benefits of green tea can be attributed to the ingredients that it contains. The most important ingredient that it contains is a plant substance known as polyphenol. The plant chemical, also known as phytochemical is a rich source of antioxidants. It also contains six types of catechins. One of these catechins which is known as Epigallocatechin Gallate is a very vital and beneficial one. It also contains alkaloids like caffeine that are beneficial for health when consumed in small quantities. Other ingredients include vitamins A, B1, K, E, C, U and P, magnesium, fat, wax, fluoride,iron, zinc, calcium, copper and nickel. It also contains gallic acid, quinic acid, soluble dietary fiber and some amounts of carbohydrates and other minerals.
Benefits of Green Tea
- Sip a cup of green tea with your breakfast. Green tea is not only good for heart but it also helps to lose weight. Green tea helps to burn calories and speed up the rate at which body should use fat. Make green tea as an important ingredient of your morning meal.
- Green tea has been known to avert skin disorders such as warts, psoriasis and rosacea. Rough, patchy and inflamed skin could no more be a complaint you make it a habit to sip a cup of green tea every day. Green tea oil works towards controlling the untoward growth of skin cells and also helps to repair the skin cells.
- A research study in Cancer Science done in 2010 indicates that green tea kills the cells that cause prostate cancer.
- Plant nutrient in Green tea helps to keep the energy stable by balancing blood sugar levels. It improves insulin use in the body to prevent blood sugar spikes and crashes that result in fatigue, irritability and craving for unhealthy foods.
- If you want of cut those extra inches around your tummy it will be a simpler way to sip green tea. Green tea increases the rate of calorie burning by the body. It reduces blood fat, cholesterol, bloated ness, detoxifies and suppresses untimely food cravings. Enabled with diuretic properties, it also eliminates excess water and thereby reduces excess weight. So the best way to get rid of that extra weight is to have green tea along with the right amount of bodily exercise.
- The recent study conducted says that antioxidants present in green tea extracts increase body’s ability to burn fat as fuel which accounts for improved muscle endurance. It also enhances energy levels and boosts metabolism.
- Green tea can do wonders to a person suffering from diabetes. Green tea helps to regulate glucose levels slowing the rise of blood sugar. It also triggers and stimulates insulin production and activates the functioning of pancreas to some extent. Blood sugar level in the body is also normalized and regulated by the use of green tea.
- Green tea also gives its best benefits in summers. The scorching heat of sun acts as a constant threat. Green tea is rich in antioxidants that scavenge harmful free radicals in the body. Using green tea extracts along with the sun protection could afford you the greatest level of sun protection. Contrary to the common belief that tea dehydrates, green tea provides hydration benefits similar to water.
- The drink is good for kids as well as it help to maintain the parts of brain that regulate learning and memory. So, regular consumption of green tea helps in the prevention of degenerative and neurological diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- Green tea helps to prevent heart disease and stroke by lowering the level of cholesterol. Even after the heart attack it prevents cell deaths and speeds up the recovery of heart cells.
- Green tea contains an antioxidant known as polyphenol which fight against free radicals. It helps to fight against aging and promotes longevity.
- The antioxidants in the tea helps to protect against a shipload of cancers, including breast, colon, skin, lung, stomach, small intestine, pancreas, liver, ovarian, prostate and oral cancers. Green tea extract is reported to induce cancer cell death and starve tumors and curb the growth of new blood vessels that feed them.
- Green tea polyphenols, in liquid or in concentrated Meta Slim Green Tea extract, support weight management by prolonging thermogenesis, the burning of digested sugars and fat for energy. Green tea polyphenols also increase the percentage of fat burned and reduce fat absorption by inhibiting digestive breakdown of fat. One research study showed that green tea decreased the body’s digestion and absorption of fat by nearly 40 percent. It does this partly by burning fat and partly by inhibiting the action of enzymes that breakdown fat.
- In cases of acnes and pimples, green tea comes in as a great air as the antibacterial content in it, known as catechins, reduces over stimulation of the skin hormones. The overall appearance of the skin also improves along with complexion. Applying green tea mask is the most effective sun guard.
- Green tea can help to prevent and reduce the risk of rheumatoid arthritis. Green tea has benefits for your health as it protects the cartilage by blocking the enzyme that destroys cartilage.
- Catechin found in green tea can kill the bacteria which cause food poisoning and kill the toxins produced by those bacteria.
- Green tea helps with ear infection problems. For natural ear cleaning soak a cotton ball in green tea and clean the infected ear.
- Green tea destroys bacteria and viruses that cause many dental diseases. It also slows the growth of bacteria which leads to bad breath.
- Green tea is extremely good for the digestive system and prevents all kinds of digestive disorders. It is especially helpful in relieving constipation. It eliminates harmful bacteria from the intestines and increases the number of good bacteria thus maintain a good digestive track.
- It boosts the immune system and also helps to rectify the immune system disorder. It fights the allergies present in one’s body.
- Green tea also promotes healthy hair and skin. It gives a wrinkle free complexion by slowing down the process of aging.
- The drink is not only good for your health but it also relieves you from stress. L-the theanine, which is a kind of amino acids in green tea, can help relieve stress and anxiety.
- Research shows it may be helpful against lung cancer. In an April 2010 study published in Cancer Prevention Research, EGCG was found to suppress lung cancer cell growth.