The banana is well-known for helping people gain weight and it would delight you to know that it can also help add weight to your eyelashes. They can grow long and lush if you eat bananas because they are rich sources of copper, magnesium and calcium. Copper and magnesium act as a stimulant for the enzymes that help eyelashes grow faster. Calcium promotes the growth of hair follicles.
The dark pink beet is not only rich in iron; it is also a fine source of minerals such as copper, calcium and magnesium. These minerals activate the enzymes responsible for the growth of eyelashes.
This Vitamin E rich fruit is known for its sweet taste. It belongs to the berry family and thus, also comes with the goodness of Vitamin C. Minerals such as calcium, magnesium and copper are also found in good quantity in the avocados. This means that your eyelashes will get ample keratin. Also, the eyelashes friendly enzymes will find ample support from the minerals and Vitamin C. Vitamin E will help blood circulation and thus, the hair follicles will get enough support.
These are not the only fruits and food items that can help your eyelashes grow faster. Apricots, carrots, sweet potatoes, green leafy vegetables, milk, meat, fish, chicken, etc. are also good for your eyelashes. To put it in other words, you must eat a healthy and balanced diet to keep your lashes in shape. The fruits that we mentioned above are more suited but you should not bank on them only. You must also adhere to some dos and don’ts for the sake of your eyelashes.
Tips for Healthy Eyelashes
The health of eyelashes is also dependent on how you handle them. This is to say that you must keep these points in mind to maintain their length and protect them from harm.
- Always remove the eye makeup properly before going to bed. If you leave it like that or do not remove it properly, your eyelashes can become brittle.
- Do not rub your eyes roughly. This puts pressure on the eyes and also weakens the eyelashes.
- Drink plenty of water because 3% of the eyelashes are made up of water.
- Always choose good quality cosmetics for your eyes.
- Do not apply heavy makeup and give adequate rest to your eyes.
- Use castor oil or Vaseline for the eyelashes. Gently massage your eyes with either of them before going to bed. This will increase blood circulation and aid the growth of eyelashes.
- You can also use eyelashes enhancing serums and products to make them grow faster.